Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pot(s) in the Closet

One of our buildings had front and rear doors.  Very convenient, but we found we had trouble with some tenants who used the back exit more as a “getaway” than for hauling laundry & groceries.  One tenant, who had too many visitors to suit us, was finally “urged” to move.  He returned the keys, so I went up to check the apartment.  Everything seemed fine until I opened a closet door.  There was a whole indoor garden, complete with grow lamps, etc., full of marijuana plants growing nice as you please. 

At this point, I had two choices:  call the police and have the story of our “drug den” in the local papers, or close the closet door.  This being many years into my landlording career, I closed the door.

Next morning, the closet was empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment